Welcome to ProductCamp Boston 2017! Below is the information you’ll need to get the most out of this year’s event.
IMPORTANT NOTES: This year ProductCamp takes place at Lesley University’s University Hall in Porter Square, Cambridge. Since parking is limited, we recommend that you take the Red Line T to Porter Square.
We are running TWO back-to-back opening sessions – 8:15 for those who arrive first, 9:00 for later arrivals. For the best experience, please plan to arrive anytime from 7:45 am to 8:45 am, although you are are welcome to join us any time during the day.
Read below for details.
Plan ahead for the best experience
- Friday Kickoff
- New Location, directions, and times
- Session Schedule
- What to Bring/What to Wear
- Connect and Share
- Friday Kickoff at General Assembly in Boston near South Station – Free registration and free drinks – make new friends as you start off the weekend.
ProductCamp — Saturday, June 10th
- 1815 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140 – next to the Porter Square T and commuter rail station. Street Map (PDF)
- Lesley has multiple campuses in Cambridge – ProductCamp takes place at the Porter Campus. Enter University Hall at the glass awning and walk up the stairs to the second floor to ProductCamp registration. Sessions will take place on the second, third and fourth floors. Access between floors is mainly via stairs although elevators are available.
- Public parking is scarce. We recommend you take the Red Line. If you DO drive, we recommend that you park at the Alewife T station and take the Red Line one stop to Porter Square. Caution: don’t park in the Porter Square Shopping Center lot because you’ll be ticketed and possibly towed.
- Floor map for session locations: registered attendees will receive the floor map via email.
Note: Due to space constraints we are running two back-to-back opening sessions this year. Earlier arrivals will join the 8:15 opening and later arrivals can join the 9:00 am opening. When you’re not in the opening session, grab a bite, network, and chat with ProductCamp sponsors.
- Registration – opens at 7:45 and continues until 2 pm.
- Light breakfast – 7:45 to 9:45 am. Visit our sponsors.
- Program starts – 8:15 am – First opening session, followed by a second opening at 9:00 am.
- Morning breakout sessions – 9:45 to 12:00 pm
- Lunch – 12:00 pm to 1:15 pm
- Lunchtime Birds-of-a-Feather discussion sessions – 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm
- Lunchtime Career Fair – 12:15 to 1:40 pm
- Afternoon breakout sessions – 1:15 to 2:45 pm
- Program ends – 3:15 pm
- Informal Get Together – Tavern on the Square – Same building downstairs[MB1] – 3:45
- Bring a laptop/tablet/smartphone to see the online schedule. Sessions descriptions and schedule are available at http://www.productcampboston.org/sessions2017 which also allows you to connect with other attendees and to provide feedback.
ProductCamp is an UNconference. All of the sessions have been selected and are led by participants. We encourage everyone to participate in discussions. Sessions run in parallel; feel free to leave a session if you’d like to see another. Sessions will be presented both with and without slides; choose the ones you find most interesting.
Networking also is highly encouraged!
Photo ID issued by a government entity (ie driver’s license or passport): Only required for the Friday kickoff in Boston
Your eTicket barcode from Eventbrite. Help us expedite your check-in. Have your ticket’s barcode visible. Either bring a hardcopy of your Eventbrite ticket; or (2) having the ticket visible on your phone. Note: the ticket is an attachment to your Eventbrite purchase confirmation email.
Laptop/smartphone/tablet: Wi-Fi will be available. You will need your laptop/tablet/smartphone to access the schedule online. Also, we encourage everyone to blog, tweet, and upload content during the event!
Speaking of Wi-Fi: Lesley_Open. Open a browser and enter Username: BPMA_WIFI Password: NrdcK4KG. If your browser doesn’t show a Lesley Wifi login page, then go to www.Lesley.edu.
Business cards: There is plenty of opportunity to network at ProductCamp. You can also use your card to enter the giveaway drawings.
What to wear: Relax – it’s the weekend. Be casual and comfortable! Expect to do some walking since ProductCamp is taking place on multiple floors this year.
Session Feedback – Please provide feedback about sessions you attend during the day. Complete the survey online by clicking on the Feedback Survey link in each session’s description page at http://www.productcampboston.org/sessions2017
If you’ve signed up to speak or volunteer with registration, setup, or cleanup, you may already have received an email from one of our team leads, Maria Ferrante (registration) or Sarela Bliman-Cohen (setup/teardown).
If you still have questions, please email ProductCamp Boston. If you haven’t heard from us but would like to help, just let us know when you check in.
Remember that ProductCamp is run by a small group of volunteers — please help out wherever and whenever you can.
Please check in at the speaker desk where they can answer questions. More info, and the room grid for the 2017 session schedule, is available on the information for session leaders and speakers page.
Please arrive by 7:30 am to set up your table. One representative from each platinum sponsor should be in room 2-150 on the second floor to present briefly by 8:10 am and again at 8:55 am. For more info, please see the “Day of Event” section on the information for sponsors page.
Website: Check out the ProductCamp Boston website to stay on top of the latest info on sessions, sponsors and more. Information often changes at the last minute and we will post updates to the website.
Tweet this! Follow @PCampBoston and use the #PCampBoston hashtag to engage with your peers in the ProductCamp community. Check @PCampBoston for updates before, during and after ProductCamp.
Blog about ProductCamp: Tell the world your thoughts about PCamp, and tell us too. We’ll link to your blog from the PCamp website — just email us with the link.
Got pictures? We’re building a picture gallery on Facebook. To upload your pictures to the our Facebook page, go to the ProductCamp Facebook page, click on the “Photo/Video” box and select the pictures you’d like to add. We’ll even add some of your photos to the PCamp website for everyone to see!