Welcome to ProductCamp Boston 2019! Below is the information you’ll need to get the most out of this year’s event.
ProductCamp Boston is the world’s largest unconference for product managers, product marketers, digital marketers, UX and startup professionals. And it’s one of the most anticipated product management and product marketing events in Boston. An unconference is organized by attendees for attendees. At ProductCamp Boston, this means you’ll see presentations from well-known product pros and attend sessions led by your peers.
IMPORTANT NOTES: ProductCamp takes place at Lesley University’s University Hall in Porter Square, Cambridge. Since parking is limited, we recommend that you take the Red Line T to Porter Square. Details below.
Read below for details.
Plan ahead for the best experience
- Location, transportation, directions, and times
- Schedule – sessions, at-a-glance
- What to Bring/What to Wear
- Connect & Share – now including Slack!
ProductCamp runs on Saturday June 15, 2019 from 8:30 – 4:30 pm, followed by an after-party at 4:30.
- 1815 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140 – next to the Porter Square T and commuter rail station. Street Map (PDF)
- Lesley has multiple campuses in Cambridge – ProductCamp takes place at the Porter Campus. Enter University Hall at the glass awning and walk up the big open staircase to the second floor and turn right to ProductCamp registration. Most sessions will take place on the second and third floors. Access between floors is mainly via stairs although an elevator (near registration) is available.
- Subway and Commuter Rail are your best options – We recommend taking the Red Line Subway (T) or MBTA Fitchburg Commuter Rail Line to Porter Square. When you exit the station, turn LEFT and walk down Mass. Ave to #1815.
- If you drive (updated)
We realize that public transit doesn’t work for everyone. Here’s what you need to know if you drive (updated)
- Best parking option: park at the Alewife T Station (just off Route 2 in Cambridge and take the T 2 stops to Porter Square). Parking costs just $3/day (!)
- Small parking lot behind University Hall. We cannot guarantee how many spots will be available here and this lot costs $35/day, payable in CASH (no credit cards). In general, we do NOT recommend parking there unless…
- You are handicapped
- You are coming from far away (e.g. driving from Albany NY that morning)
- You are a volunteer and are bringing materials to ProductCamp
- Nearby public parking is scarce. Street meters only run 2 hours. Don’t park in the Porter Square Shopping Center lot because you’ll be ticketed and possibly towed.
- Floor map for session locations: We have printed a limited number of printed floor maps for registered attendees and we will post larger maps at strategic locations onsite. Download the color or black and white PDF floorplan map.
|8:30 am||Doors Open:|
Registration, Sponsor Exhibits and
|8:30 am – 10:30 am||Morning Career Fair|
|9:15 am & 10 am||Opening Session 1 & 2|
|10:45 & 11:45 am||Sessions 1 & 2|
|12:45 – 1:45 pm||Lunchtime Career Fair|
|1:00 pm||Birds of a Feather Discussions|
|2 pm & 3 pm||Sessions 3 & 4|
|4:00 pm||Closing Session|
|4:30 pm||Informal Get Together – Shaking Crab|
We use Sched to list all sessions, descriptions, and speaker bios. The schedule is organized into topical tracks and levels.
ProductCamp is an UNconference. All of the sessions have been selected and are led by participants. We encourage everyone to participate in discussions. Sessions run in parallel; feel free to leave a session if you’d like to see another. Sessions will be presented both with and without slides; choose the ones you find most interesting.
Your eTicket barcode from Eventbrite. Help us expedite your check-in. Have your ticket’s barcode visible. Either bring a hardcopy of your Eventbrite ticket; or (2) having the ticket visible on your phone. Note: the ticket is an attachment to your Eventbrite purchase confirmation email.
Laptop/smartphone/tablet: Wi-Fi will be available. You will need your laptop/tablet/smartphone to access the schedule online. Also, we encourage everyone to blog, tweet, and upload content during the event!
Speaking of Wi-Fi: Lesley_Open. Open a browser and enter
- Username: BPC_WIFI
- Password: K3cr+s
If your browser doesn’t show a Lesley Wifi login page, then go to www.Lesley.edu.
Business cards: There is plenty of opportunity to network at ProductCamp. You can also use your card to enter the giveaway drawings.
What to wear: Be casual and comfortable! Expect to do some walking
up and down stairs since ProductCamp is taking place on multiple floors this year.
Session Feedback – Please provide feedback about sessions you attend during the day. Complete the survey online by clicking on the Feedback Survey link in each session’s description page which will be at http://www.productcampboston.org/2019sessions
If you’ve signed up to speak or volunteer with registration, setup, or cleanup, you may already have received an email from one of our team leads.
If you still have questions, please email ProductCamp Boston. If you haven’t heard from us but would like to help, just let us know when you check in.
Remember that ProductCamp is run by a small group of volunteers — please help out wherever and whenever you can. For example, please help throw out trash at the end of the day.
Please check in at the floor 2 registration desk at least one hour prior to your session. Please go to the speaker room #3-085 if you have any questions or issues. Check out the Information for session leaders and speakers page and see the detailed schedule here.
Please arrive between 8:00 am and 8:30 am to set up your table. Platinum sponsors should be in the 2 opening sessions to do your 60 second pitches. See more sponsor info here
Connect & Share
Slack: Prior to ProductCamp, you will receive an invitation to join our new dedicated Slack workspace, so you can network, connect and discuss topics with other attendees. We will also make announcements on the day of the day of the event. We recommend that you download the Slack app. Learn more on our Slack page. Use of the ProductCamp Slack workspace is included in your registration fee and is only open to registered attendees.
Website: Check out the ProductCamp Boston website to stay on top of the latest info on sessions, sponsors and more. Information often changes at the last minute and we will post updates to the website.
Tweet this! Follow @PCampBoston and use the #PCampBoston hashtag to engage with your peers in the ProductCamp community. Check @PCampBoston for general updates before and after ProductCamp. During ProductCamp we will mainly use Slack.
Blog about ProductCamp: Tell the world your thoughts about PCamp, and tell us too. We’ll link to your blog from the PCamp website — just email us with the link.
Got pictures? We’re building a picture gallery on Facebook. To upload your pictures to the our Facebook page, go to the ProductCamp Facebook page, click on the “Photo/Video” box and select the pictures you’d like to add. We’ll even add some of your photos to the PCamp website for everyone to see!