Accepted Sessions & Schedule Now Available
- We have finished tallying up votes and scheduling sessions
- Check out the detailed Session Schedule including session descriptions, speaker bios and times
- Times and rooms may change – please check again on the day of ProductCamp
Learn about breakout sessions at ProductCamp, leading a session, and voting.
Unlike other conferences, ProductCamp Boston is an unconference where anyone can propose sessions and then registered attendees* vote on session a few weeks in advance of the unconference. That’s right – YOU decide which sessions should take place – so you can get the most out of the day. That’s what makes ProductCamp interesting, relevant to your career, and more educational.
On This Page
- Learn about leading a session at ProductCamp
- Program at a glance
- Breakout Session Tracks
- Breakout Session Levels
- What is a session?
- Session Voting
Program at a Glance
We are still developing the program but we expect that it will include:
- Over 60 breakout sessions
- Several special sessions including a career fair, lunchtime birds-of-a-feathers, and more
- Sponsor vendor booths where you can learn about the latest tools, courses and resources
- Many opportunities to network with colleagues over light breakfast/coffee, lunch, between sessions, and more
Breakout Session Tracks
The program includes sessions broken into these tracks
- Product Discovery: Opportunity Analysis, Market Research, Market Segmentation, Competitive Analysis, Industry Analysis, Business Case, Market Problems, etc.
- Product Development & Design: Agile Processes, Market Testing, Beta/Pilot Testing, Testing/QA, Offshore/Nearshore Development, Requirements Definitions, User Experience (UX), etc.
- Product Marketing & Go-to-Market: Product Launch, Market Strategy, Marketing Plan, Pricing, Positioning, Messaging, Channel Strategy, Sales Enablement, Marketing Execution, Sales Pipeline, Marketing Metrics, Product Marketing, etc.
- Product Strategy and Lifecycle Management: Business Planning, Roadmaps, Portfolio Planning, Partnerships, Technology Assessment, Brand Management, End-of-Life, Customer Retention, Repositioning, etc.
- Product Management 101 – The basics about product management and product marketing.
- Build your Career: Team Management, Interviews, Role Definitions, Stakeholder Engagement, Small vs. Big Company, Product Management/Marketing Tools, etc.
Session Levels/Target Audience
- Fundamentals: Sessions targeted to participants with little or no experience in the topic who are seeking to discuss core knowledge and skills.
- Advanced: Sessions targeted to participants with previous experience in the topic who are seeking to increase their depth of knowledge in that topic.
- Executive leader: Session targeted to directors and VPs who lead teams.
- Entrepreneurs: Sessions targeted to startup entrepreneurs and small business owners that are looking to create new products, but need a solid understanding of product management/product marketing principles, but do not have a dedicated product management/product marketing role.
What is a Session?
Sessions run 45 minutes and can be discussions, presentations, exercises and more. We discourage product pitches. Sessions are led by practitioners (ie practicing product managers and product marketers) and consultants/experts. Examples:
- A mid-career product marketer shares their company’s unique approach to go-to-market and lessons learned
- A sought-after consultant presents her research into best practices in product management
- A hands-on workshop
- Group brainstorm to solve a common and vexing issue such as how to be a successful product owner in an agile environment
Voting for Sessions
- Voting concluded on May 31 – thanks to everyone who voted!