Preparing for your session
- Session Length – Please keep sessions to 45 minutes including Q&A (note change from 2017).
Plan ahead so you don’t waste time during your presentation
- Projectors – All the rooms have projectors – Please bring your own laptop if you plan to use a projector for your session.
- VGA – All projectors have VGA interfaces and some have HDMI interfaces. If your laptop (Windows or Mac) does not have a VGA/HDMI port you MUST bring your own VGA and HDMI dongles.
- Check your room in advance – Go to Lesley’s website to learn about the equipment for each room in U-Hall where we will be meeting, as well as how to use that equipment. If presenting in the Ampitheater, use these instructions. [updated for 2018]
- Tips – Some quick presentation tips you may be familiar with
- Know your audience – As people come into the room introduce yourself ask them what they want to learn or hear.
- Allow a few minutes at the beginning to introduce yourself and why you put together this presentation for them. Highlight what they are going to learn.
- At the end make sure you allow time for Q+A, ask for feedback.
- Make sure it is easy for people to connect with you for future discussions (if you want that).
When you arrive at ProductCamp
- Check in – Please check in at the speaker desk, NOT regular registration.
- You must check in – Unless you have notified us in advance, if you have not checked in an hour before your session, we will assume that you cannot attend and we will either cancel your session or put another session in that slot. [new for 2018]
During your session
- Problems? If you run into AV issues, please ask an attendee to go to the Help Desk (at Registration – 2nd floor) and they will help you.[need to update this]
- Tweet – Designate at least one person to tweet and photograph the session if possible (@PCampBoston and #PCampBoston).
- Session – Let people know your slides will be available afterwards on the ProductCamp Slideshare page.
- Session Feedback – We have set up surveys for attendees to provide feedback on your session. Please encourage attendees to complete the survey online by clicking on the FEEDBACK SURVEY link in your session description page at http://www.productcampboston.org/sessions2017 [need to update this]
After your session
- Mandatory: ALL presenters should send slides (ideally PDF formt) or session notes (if it’s a discussion), EITHER:
- Blog about it – and let us know too by emailing us.