Welcome to ProductCamp Boston 2018! Below is the information you’ll need to get the most out of this year’s event.
ProductCamp Boston is the world’s largest unconference for product managers, product marketers, digital marketers, UX and startup professionals. And it’s one of the most anticipated product management and product marketing events in Boston. An unconference is organized by attendees for attendees. At ProductCamp Boston, this means you’ll see presentations from well-known product pros and attend sessions led by your peers.
IMPORTANT NOTES: ProductCamp takes place at Lesley University’s University Hall in Porter Square, Cambridge. Since parking is limited, we recommend that you take the Red Line T to Porter Square. Details below.
Doors open at 8:15 am. We are running TWO back-to-back opening sessions – 9:00 am for those who arrive first, 9:45 for later arrivals. For the best experience, please plan to arrive anytime from 8:15 am to 9:30 am, although you are are welcome to join us at any time during the day.
Read below for details.
Plan ahead for the best experience
- Location, directions, and times
- Session Schedule
- What to Bring/What to Wear
- Connect and Share – including Slack!
ProductCamp — Saturday, May 12
LOCATION – LESLEY UNIVERSITY
- 1815 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140 – next to the Porter Square T and commuter rail station. Street Map (PDF)
- Lesley has multiple campuses in Cambridge – ProductCamp takes place at the Porter Campus. Enter University Hall at the glass awning and walk up the stairs to the second floor to ProductCamp registration. Sessions will take place on the second and third floors. Access between floors is mainly via stairs although an elevator is available.
- Public parking is scarce. We recommend you take the Red Line. If you DO drive, we recommend that you park at the Alewife T station and take the Red Line one stop to Porter Square. Caution: don’t park in the Porter Square Shopping Center lot because you’ll be ticketed and possibly towed. University Hall does have a small parking lot behind the building but if available, parking costs around $30 for the full day and you must pay cash.
- Floor map for session locations: registered attendees will receive the floor map on arrival at ProductCamp.
Note: Due to space constraints we are running two back-to-back opening sessions this year. Earlier arrivals will join the 9:00 Opening A and later arrivals can join the 9:45 am Opening B. When you’re not in the opening session, grab a bite, network, and chat with ProductCamp sponsors – and/or attend the Career Fair on the third floor.
- Registration – Opens at 8:15 am and continues until 2 pm.
- Light breakfast – 8:15 to 10:30 am. Visit our sponsors in the second floor Atrium. Visit the Morning Career Fair on the third floor.
- Program starts – 9:00 am – Opening Session A, followed by a second, Opening Session B, at 9:45 am.
- Morning breakout sessions – 10:30 am to 12:15 pm.
- Lunch – 12:15 pm to 1:45 pm
- Lunchtime Birds-of-a-Feather discussion sessions – 12:45 pm to 1:30 pm
- Lunchtime Career Fair – 12:30 to 1:30 pm (note time change)
- Afternoon breakout sessions – 1:45 to 3:30 pm
- Closing Session – 3:45 -to 4:00 pm
- Program ends – 4:00
- After-Party, sponsored by Pendo & Split at the first floor bar in the same building downstairs – 4:30 pm
View the detailed session schedule
- Bring a laptop/tablet/smartphone to see the online schedule. Sessions descriptions and schedule are available at www.productcampboston.org/sessions2018 which also allows you to connect with other attendees and to provide feedback.
ProductCamp is an UNconference. All of the sessions have been selected and are led by participants. We encourage everyone to participate in discussions. Sessions run in parallel; feel free to leave a session if you’d like to see another. Sessions will be presented both with and without slides; choose the ones you find most interesting.
Your eTicket barcode from Eventbrite. Help us expedite your check-in. Have your ticket’s barcode visible. Either bring a hardcopy of your Eventbrite ticket; or (2) having the ticket visible on your phone. Note: the ticket is an attachment to your Eventbrite purchase confirmation email.
Laptop/smartphone/tablet: Wi-Fi will be available. You will need your laptop/tablet/smartphone to access the schedule online. Also, we encourage everyone to blog, tweet, and upload content during the event!
Speaking of Wi-Fi: Lesley_Open. Open a browser and enter Username: [provided day of event] Password: provided day of event]. If your browser doesn’t show a Lesley Wifi login page, then go to www.Lesley.edu.
Business cards: There is plenty of opportunity to network at ProductCamp. You can also use your card to enter the giveaway drawings.
What to wear: Relax – it’s the weekend. Be casual and comfortable! Expect to do some walking since ProductCamp is taking place on multiple floors this year.
Session Feedback – Please provide feedback about sessions you attend during the day. Complete the survey online by clicking on the Feedback Survey link in each session’s description page at http://www.productcampboston.org/2018sessions
If you’ve signed up to speak or volunteer with registration, setup, or cleanup, you may already have received an email from one of our team leads, Maria Ferrante (registration) or Kate Theriault (setup/teardown).
If you still have questions, please email ProductCamp Boston. If you haven’t heard from us but would like to help, just let us know when you check in.
Remember that ProductCamp is run by a small group of volunteers — please help out wherever and whenever you can.
Please check in at the registration desk at least one hour prior to your session. Please go to the speaker room #3-085 if you have any questions or issues. More info, and the room grid for the 2018 session schedule, is available on the information for session leaders and speakers page
Please arrive no later than 8:00 am to set up your table. One representative from each platinum sponsor should be in room 2-150 on the second floor to present briefly by 8:55 am and again at 9:40 am. For more info, please see the “Day of Event” section on the information for sponsors page.
Connect and Share
Slack: Prior to ProductCamp, you will receive an invitation to join BPMA Slack, so you can network, connect and discuss topics with other attendees. We will also make announcements on the day of the day of the event. We recommend that you download the Slack app. Learn more on our Slack page. For non-members of BPMA, your Slack “subscription” will end one month after ProductCamp unless you join BPMA.
Website: Check out the ProductCamp Boston website to stay on top of the latest info on sessions, sponsors and more. Information often changes at the last minute and we will post updates to the website.
Tweet this! Follow @PCampBoston and use the #PCampBoston hashtag to engage with your peers in the ProductCamp community. Check @PCampBoston for general updates before and after ProductCamp. During ProductCamp we will mainly use Slack.
Blog about ProductCamp: Tell the world your thoughts about PCamp, and tell us too. We’ll link to your blog from the PCamp website — just email us with the link.
Got pictures? We’re building a picture gallery on Facebook. To upload your pictures to the our Facebook page, go to the ProductCamp Facebook page, click on the “Photo/Video” box and select the pictures you’d like to add. We’ll even add some of your photos to the PCamp website for everyone to see!